Sunday, December 28, 2008

Sunday Night Vomits

Sunday Nights are possibly the most depressing time of the week. So much so, that me and my friend have coined the term "Sunday night vomits" (SNV) to describe that sinking, sad feeling that starts to set in around 4pm on Sunday afternoon. For some people Sunday nights are the pinnacle of the weekend - quiet time and takeaway for couples, or family time and Disney movies for the rest. Personally, Sunday nights put my life into perspective and in recent years have been, quite simply, hell.

I start the weekend each Friday afternoon full of excited anticipation of what the next 48 hours may yield - 2 full days of (hypothetical) fun. But week after week as the weekend starts to erode and reality sets in, I feel the sadness start to engulf all sense of rationale which turns into anger as the night drags in a slow, sleepless haze. And the internal dialogue which goes a little as follows:

Maybe i should pop some sleeping pills? but then I will start Monday groggy and tired. Well then, maybe i should take tomorrow off? fat chance stupid girl - you have a million things to do and plus, what a waste of a day. I cant believe he hasn't called me back. What a fucker. i'll teach him what delayed response means...

and on it goes.... I hate Sundays.

Soundtrack of the Day

One Life Away - M. Ward
Silver Lining - Rilo Kiley
The Shining - Badly Drawn Boy
The Naked Trusth - Metropolin

No comments: