Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The happiest place in the world

When people ask me where my favourite place is or where i feel happiest (typically an awkward first date question), I generally give one answer while in the back of my mind I am harboring a little secret. My standard response is usually "at Orange or at the Wall reading the newspaper and listening to some tunes" (thereby indicating that I am very comfortable hanging out on my own in trendy public spaces and by deduction, am very cool). Although the above the activity is something that i most definitely love to do and do actually do most weekends, i do have another happy place that I am almost ashamed to share with people.

Bloomingdales*. Call me superficial but Bloomingdales really is the happiest place in the world.

Visual merchandisers working at Bloomingdales do a terrific job in making me want to buy everything in sight. Everything is so pretty. Every time i visit USA and wander through the store i can almost believe that I can afford a $500 handbag, because hell, it only costs $200 more than the other one. And look, there is a 16 year old girl buying it with her daddy's credit card. Bloomingdales makes me believe that I have the right to fill my life with beautiful things which in turn motivates me to work harder. Shallow? Absolutely. Thank god i don't live here permanently.

Soundtrack for the day:

Hilltop Hoods - the Nosebleed Section
Jason Mraz - Geek in the Pink
Velvet Underground - Who loves the sun?
Vampire Weekend - Cape Cod Kwassa
Bob Dylan - Subterraneain Homesick Blues

* this is not a paid plug. I would however be happy to accept a gift voucher which entitles me to a new pair of jeans or a handbag or even an overpriced pair of pyjamas.

1 comment:

Ansh said...

That's my girl....


Miss you
Love you
Ansh